Dear Christian Alliance Church Family,
We have missed being together! It has now been two months since we suspended ministry in our building, and those two months have seemed so long! Our team has prayerfully discussed when and how our church should resume a more normal ministry model. Recently, we have consulted with local area churches, Central District C&MA Churches and our District Office about an appropriate timetable; as well as establishing some safety guidelines to begin corporate worship services and ministry. One of our larger District churches has been in direct communication with Governor DeWine, and we will seek to follow similar procedures that he approved of for their reopening.
Small Groups, Committees, Activities and Bible Studies that are smaller than 20 people may resume on May 18 as long as the leaders of those groups are comfortable with meeting. At this time, social distancing and good hygiene should still be practiced. We are allowing each leader to determine the comfort level of the group they work with, and want to stress that no directive is given for mandatory meetings. Meet as you are comfortable doing so. At this time, we will not resume any Children’s Ministries or Sunday School classes.
Beginning on June 7, we will resume public services at our 224 location only. We will offer two Sunday Services at 9:30 AM and 11:15 AM. Maple Street services will resume at a later date, but I want to assure you that services will return there at some point. The reasons for this decision are as follows: 1) We do not believe we would have enough space to socially distance if the Maple Street location is our 9 AM service, 2) We will only have to clean, prepare and sanitize one building for Sunday Services.
We will observe the following protocols in our buildings:
• We will offer two identical Sunday Services at 224 at 9:30 AM and 11:15 AM.
• Our 224 location will give us more space to social distance.
• Face coverings are welcome, but not required.
• No one should attend if they have a temperature or any symptoms at all.
• Those who are at health risk, or are nervous at being in crowds at this time, have our Leadership’s blessing to remain at home and watch the service via livestream.
• Doors will be kept open to provide minimum contact with surfaces.
• Families and individuals will be asked to sit in every other pew. An overflow area will be provided with a video feed if our sanctuary reaches 50% capacity.
• No Children’s Church, Sunday School or staffed Nursery will be offered. The nursery will be open for mothers to use if they should so choose.
• All surfaces will be sanitized before and between services.
• We will not pass offering plates or communion trays.
We will adjust the plan as needed and based upon circumstances. Thank you for following these directives so that we can provide a clean, safe and honorable place to worship our risen Savior. Now is the time for us to demonstrate our love for one another as Jesus taught us. Let’s continue to live out faith over fear and emphasize prayer over panic. Use wisdom and trust in our Lord -- and when you are ready and comfortable — join us in worship!